Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 7 on meds - 2nd U/S

As Spice was giving me my shot this morning I was thinking geez I've only been on meds for only 7 days...I would have guessed at least 2 weeks.  Time has been going so slow...well that was until I went to the center this morning for my 2nd U/S and B/W and they said it's looking like Mon or Tues next week for the retrievel.  WHAT? WHEN? WAIT...am I ready??  I had it in my head that it would be late next week Thurs or Fri but I think that was wishful thinking.  I was thinking wouldn't that be slick if the retrievel was Friday and then POOF here's the weekend so I wouldn't have to use much vacation in case I needed more than 24 hours to rest.  So when I asked for an estimate today she said...maybe Mon or Tues.  OMG!!!!  So of course now I feel like things are rushed but I'm sure this weekend will drag...crazy little roller coaster!  The follies were developing nicely she said and the nurse was quite excited that I'm sitting with 11 follies over 11mm with 2 of them leading the posse at 14.5.  There are still a whole bunch on each side but they don't measure unless it's 11 or higher.  She did say my right ovary was playing a little peak-a-boo with her so I had to turn on my side and she put some pressure on my tummy.  With all of that earlier talk of way too many follicles for my age, PCOS and OHSS...I hope this is a sign that we are being well taken care of with 11 front runners and this will be a complete success.  All in all...what a great day!! 

So as soon as I get home from work tonight I need to start the ganirelix shots and then switch it back to early mornings with the Menopur until the Ovidrel which could be Sunday.  SUNDAY people!!!!  WOW!  My estrogen level was 750 so she said it's good as long as it continues to get higher which it is so YEAH!!  I go back in on Saturday morning bright and early at 7:30am and Sunday.  It's amazing how I pop up nice and early when I have these early appts for baby making but for regular work days...slow mover in the AM.  Ha!  I walked out of the appointment with a big smile and feel really excited.  I texted Spice right away and she let her job know that she will need the time off but won't know till Sunday for sure.  They were cool about it...so glad we both have managers that are so understanding of these last minute appointments.

In other news...I made an appointment for acupuncture that was suppose to be on Tuesday afternoon but looks like I am going to have to reschedule that.  [yeah] I have not done this before but in reading most TTC blogs...it's received a very positive response.  I was back and forth about it but then decided to call around and talk to a few places and see what vibe I recieved from them.  This one gal was very calm and made me feel comfortable discussing my situation and my reasonings for going.  She specializes in infertility so she explained her process and recommended a few visits - in particular the day of transfer.  I was thinking it was going to be too late for me to start and I wouldn't get the right energy flowing but she said it's definitely not too late.  She was reasonabley priced so I'm hoping I can reschedule my first visit to get ready before my transfer day.  I think it will be good for me to relax..I'm kind of high strung but more internally...most people would have no clue because I'm pretty easy going on the outside.  Spice would have a different response to that but she sees me in the best of times and the worst...that's what real love is about, right?!  LOL!!  So many new experiences...I just hope to end this all with parenthood as our next roller coaster ride!!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment