Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ready, Set, Go....

Well it's a GO for tomorrow morning that is...we are officially starting our shots tomorrow after today's baseline and B/W.  I went first thing this morning and got there a little early (20 mins) so I was expecting to hang around the lobby for a bit but NOPE...no chance for panic to set in...they called me back within a few minutes of sitting down.  Barely got the seat warmed up..LOL!  "clothes off waist down and we will be right in"...it went so fast...I don't remember what she said for my lining but she counted 19 small on the right and 18 small on the left.  Wow!  Being a panic kind of gal...I thought for a split second when she had to put a little pressure on my belly that she was gonna say..."I'm sorry - you are all dried up" but bless the heavens, I have a bunch.  So she said I was all set to start meds tomorrow and I come back on Tuesday morning.  A part of me turned from being nervous to excited!  I can't wait for Tuesday to see how the meds take over my little follies..so excited!  I'm even a bit excited to start this shots business because I've put so much fear and anxiety into it...it's awesome to finally be here.  Ask me again after a week of taking them...I may have another adjective for my feelings. [kidding]  I'm thinking I may have to buy myself some shots celebration pants.  The couple of work pants that I wear weekly are not exactly roomy so if my business is going to be bloating...I may need some extra room for expansion.  Any excuse to buy a few things...teee heee.

So in other news - I watched a special that was on "My Style" network called "Sperm Donor - 74 kids and more on the way".  While I felt it was great to see a show on something that is so near and dear to our family and potential family...it left me being kind of upset.  We ended up choosing a donor that was anonymous but that was soley because of personality, physical characteristics and medical background all pointed to a donor that did not have the ID options at 18 for offspring.  If we had found a donor that was ID options at 18...we would have had no problem either.  But the problem with the show for me was that they called it "fathering" 74 children and his friend talked about him being a Dad...while I don't know if that was their intention...it bugged me the further the show went.  A single mother used his sperm for both of her children and she opted to meet him when her kids were like 8 and under.  My opinion is that is way too early to do something like that, if ever.  Then she started saying that hopefully he will be in some way a part of their lives...WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.  It was suppose to be anonymous and it felt like she was backtracking and it drove me crazy.  Maybe I'm overreacting but I didn't care for the single mothers portion of the show.  I did however really enjoy the siblings connecting and think it's good that the options are there with the DSR but in all honesty...I hope our child (when we are blessed) has enough love and support and doesn't feel left out and feel that extra need to bond with others who are genetically matched to them in some way.  If it happens down the road for us...then so be it but we will smother our child with love hoping that our family is enough.  Is that selfish of me?  It's a tough subject and I plan on doing A LOT of reading books, articles, blogs to help me with that. 

Well that was a rant...either way...wasn't sure if anyone else saw that show and what they thought.  And don't worry...if you don't agree with me...I can take it!  :)  I tried putting the link below.

http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/b7656_74_kids_more_on_way_style_presents.html

No comments:

Post a Comment