Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First huddle...

I had my first "huddle" today..aka ultrasound and BW after starting stims (Menopur/Follistim) last Friday.  She said my lining was good at 7 1/2 (I don't really know what that means?? need to google that) and then she started measuring my follies.  They don't measure anything under 11 so I had a total of 5 at that size with 3 on my right and 2 on my left.  While she said it was normal and great...I of course had to come into the office and back track on some of my IVFers out there and see what sizes they had.  She also counted about 10-12 small ones still on each side as well that she said could continue to grow and be in the running for ER.  I go back in on Thurs morning for another check.  I had blood taken but they will call later if I need to change up my meds at all but for now...she said "stick" (pun intended) with what I am doing so far.

So about the shots since I haven't posted since we began ...we started Friday morning with Menopur and Spice was able to do that one for me bright and early!  We are doing 6am for Menopur and 6pm for Follistim.  The first one wasn't too bad but it did burn and left a small mark.  Then that night I was running solo since she was working and that wasn't as smooth.  I was so nervous...I started sweating and breathing faster.  It took me a zillion "1,2,3 go" cheers in my head before I finally did it (after about 10 mins of trying) and then I forgot to release my chub squeeze so blood dribbled out afterwards.  And then I thought...did I just lose all of my meds?  LOL!  It wasn't much blood so I knew I was being a freak but c'mon ladies...like you wouldn't of thought the same thing!  :)  That shot also was the only one that bruised up for now.  I did a few more myself over the weekend and while it got a little easier...the sweats were still there and they took between 5-10 mins to actually stick myself.  So Spice has been a peach in doing them for me and waking up at 6am when she didn't get to bed from work till midnight or so.  We've got our eye on the ball and this shot business is what we need to make our dream come true so all smiles!!  As far as side affects...nothing yet.  Sometimes feel a ping here and there around the ovaries but it could be gas (LOL) from all the veggies I've been trying to eat.  Spice thinks I've been more cheesey and lovey so she teases me about that but hey...little sweetness can't be bad!!!  Better than the devil!!!

So that's what I've been up to lately!!  I wanted to put a public prayer out here for fellow bloggers, Hope and Wren, that their precious babies stay put and keep growing healthy!  Every positive vibe I can scrounge up is being sent your way!!

2 comments:

  1. i cant get iza to give me the shots. i rather hurt myself, instead of getting mad at her if she does it.lol. i instead of 'jabbing like a dart' i just push it in, i feel it helps, because the 1,2,3, freaks me out.

    good luck with your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    Best of luck with this cycle. I will definitely send lots of positive vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete