Sunday, October 9, 2011

Well that wasn't so bad...

Yikes - can't believe it's been almost a week since my saline sonogram and trial transfer.  Just like my blog title says...it really wasn't so bad!  I had my freak out moment just before going in and it wasn't much more than a PAP type appointment and an IUI.  Phew!!!  But with the good, there is a little "bad".  So the appointment went like this.  There was a U/S nurse (not sure of her real title??) and the Dr - this was the first "procedure" type appointment with the Dr so I wasn't sure if she was gentle or a brut so I figured this could be interesting.  The U/S nurse does the usual dildo cam and checks out my lefty and righty - both look great she says and then they talk a little jibberish and then the counts...19 on the one side and 23 on the other...YIKES!  One might be excited hearing that amount but I've read wayyyyyyyyyyy too many blogs to know this is concerning.  And before I can even say anything the Dr says...well there's some good and bad with those numbers.  Dr says she won't have to put me on high levels of meds and that means cheaper cost=GOOD!  But I am potentially a high risk patient for OHSS and then she started talking about PCOS=BAD!  Grrrrrr!!!  So Dr finishes the appointment by doing the saline part and trial transfer and they look at my future baby residence...all looks great!  And she said "great"...so again GOOD.  Besides the up and down...pretty uneventful in regards to pain and discomfort.  Although afterwards I was glad that I worked the rest of the day at home...the saline has to come out sometime right??  Ish Fish but again..not too bad!  So I spent the rest of the week googling OHSS and PCOS.  I understand the OHSS aspect but I don't understand out how I could have PCOS...I don't have any of the other symptons except a lot of follicles...but at this point...the Dr said that it could explain why I haven't seen a pregnancy so far...all of my follicles have been duking it out to win the Prom date with the little Studs being sent in to party.  LOL!  Ok - maybe the Dr didn't say it quite like that but that's how I explained it to Spice and my mom.  Ha!

So next up is our RN consultation tomorrow and I think that's when we get the med (nervous about where to buy them from) information and "The Calendar" that I've heard so much about.  I'm still plugging away on the BCPs and I must say...first time ever on them and I think it's turning me into a dingbat!  I did some of the clumsiest things today - knocking my head on a pole, moving a hot pan with my bare hand, tripping up the stairs, almost cutting off my thumb while cutting potatoes...just really bizarre events for me...well at least all in one day.  Spice is having some fun making fun of me.  I also backed off on caffeine - which really wasn't much more than a decent size cup of coffee each morning and an occasional diet soda...so I've been had headaches since Thursday...grrrr!  But my sights are on the TOUCHDOWN so I will make my sacrifices!

Here goes another week....

7 comments:

  1. I really hope this lets me comment. Let me know what meds you're getting put on--I have some extras from my cycle if it's the same ones, and I'd be happy to send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! That's the first blogger comment that's worked for me in almost a month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Isa! When I figured out my comment issue I did a happy dance! I had lost so many comments. You are too kind on the meds...we will see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I empathize with you on the OHSS worries. The worrying and waiting is no fun. Hopefully they will be able to control the number of follicles that grow so you don't get too many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry too much about OHSS and PCOS - just drink lots of gatorade afterwards and take it easy for a couple of days. We went the IVF route after several failed tries and I produced 33 eggs and didn't develop OHSS. I stayed on bed rest the day of the procedure and the day afterwards and made sure my fluid intake was really good and took the meds they gave me to help with the pain afterwards - but all was a success - we are due with TWINS on 12/20/11! Good luck to you both!!!! Cheering you on for a touchdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Coaster - you definitely know about the OHSS and how I'm feeling. I was so happy to read that you are all set and ready to start again. My biggest concern with that outside of health reasons is the financial burden of doing yet one more round of meds. But I think they are less? Is that right since you are not doing a retrievel? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finch & Wren - you had 33? OH my! I haven't done my full blog update for my RN consult yesterday but I did get my shopping list and I'm going to be on a low follistim at only 75 so hopefully that will calm down my ovaries and not to get too out of hand. I drink a lot of water as it is and poweraid zero so I'm going to amp up my intake...I'm sure I will sound like the ocean when I start walking...swish swosh! Ha! I've been following you so I just saw your most recent update...yeah 28 weeks!! Thank you for the support!!

    ReplyDelete