Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tick Tock...

Here I am...Sunday night, full day of football (kicked butt in Fantasy Football), awesome turkey dinner and trying to not climb the walls with excitement.  Tomorrow is the official retrieval day...we report for duty at 6:30am.  Yowsers but must say...glad it's early or else I would be pacing waiting for a later appointment.  My sweet Spice will be able to be there with me me...we were worried that she might be called in for a very important 3rd portion of an interview that she could not miss on my retrieval day.  Phew!  I had a good friend on standby since my Mom does not drive on the highways [lame-o] and only felt comfortable with a small few to be there for me for something so special but one less thing to worry about.  This will be my first time being in a "hospital type" role of being the patient and being put under and IVs and such.  Pretty nervous but hopefully all for nothing!  My Saturday visit was filled with more good news of good lining, good number of follies and everything looked "good".  I was hoping for "great". I hate to say this but I was completely bummed as I heard the U/S tech read my follie sizes to the nurse.  She had a few large follies coming in at 20, 22, 23 that the nurse didn't even record because i'm sure by Monday morning they would be "gone".  But there are 8 over 15 with a few as big as 18/19.  The nurse said not to worrry about it because there were still a bunch of others right behind with 10 or so "small" ones on each side.  We will see!  Only takes one right???  I should be greatful with anything over 2.  I think I just got my hopes up for a football team when I started with the over achiever talks from the Doc but I am completely greatful that at this point OHSS is not going to be an issue.  But Spice has prepared the cupboards with a ton of Smart Water, Gatorade, and a bunch of protein.  So I will be a good little patient and stock up just in case. 

I love Halloween so what a great way to spend my day...getting us one step closer to our touchdown!  Pretty stoked!!  I will update tomorrow with my stats.  Night!! 

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you girls to be taking this step! I remember these days only a few short months ago. You will be fine :) I'm sure those follies of yours are doing "great" and will produce an ample amount! We will be thinking of you in the coming days. Wren had some light cramping the day of and after retrieval, but nothing you can't handle. Just run the option -- break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Finch - you crack me up! Thanks for playing along with my football humor! I appreciate your comment. I need to update my blog with how it went...they got 10 follies. yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niice!! I hope that you guys get lots of strong embies, and plenty to freeze! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! =)

    ReplyDelete