Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ER

Happy belated Halloween!!  I normally love handing out candy and seeing all the cuties dressed up but this year...it was a little bit different.  We had our retrieval on Halloween bright and early at 6:30am.  Well we sat around for at least 30 mins before most of the staff started to even show up.  We got to the office and there was no one there...it was a ghost town so of course I thought "shoot did I get the time wrong" so we started knocking on doors and finally someone came out.  Tried to relax while waiting by reading the paper...nothing like forgetting your current situation like reading about crime and murders.  They called us back to a prep room and I got sexied up in a gown, robe and fabulous blue booty slippers and a poofy hair net.  Roar!  Then a little bit of instructions for what's going to take place and a few introductions of the anesthesiologist, retrieval Doc (who wasn't my normal Doc..grrr) and nurse.  Off I went then to another room and got all cozied up under a warm blanket and a little fun juice in my arm.  ahhhh I felt special!  Then it starts to get hazy here...I remember someone coming in and started putting my legs in the stirrups and then...POOF...I was back in the room with Spice.  Crazy!  I don't like losing control like that but for a baby...anything!!  I guess when I was coming to I overheard the nurse and the anesthesiologist talking about a number and they said 97 and I instantly said "what!  you got 97 eggs" and everyone laughed but it was something else they were monitoring.  Haha!!  I didn't even remember saying that.  What a hoot. 

But the real count is 10.  During their visits before the procedure everyone said that I wouldn't get a call till day 2 and day 4 on how they are progressing so I've been going crazy today!  But it's now almost 7pm so only a short while before I get the call.  She said they usually call around noon.  I'm hoping for at least 2 good ones for the transfer but an extra 2 would be great as freeze babies  for a FET if by chance it was needed.  But glass half full is my logo today.  As far as how I'm feeling...pretty darn good.  Just like Finch said...nothing I won't be able to handle and that's exactly it.  It's more uncomfortable if I have to pee, laugh or just getting up...but it's not bad at all.  Holding your pee is not an option...if I have to go...start moving towards that bathroom.  It hurts otherwise.  It doesn't help that I've been drinking Gatorade like crazy.  I worked from home today so it was an easy day.  I'm back to the office tomorrow and waiting for the call.  Looks like a day 5 but a day 3 is possible if only a couple of embryos are left by tomorrows phone call so it will be a big day tomorrow.  If it's Saturday...that would be awesome...no vacation time since I would recover Sat and Sun.  Nice!

On a side note...Spice had her 3rd round on her interview process for her new hopeful position...it went really well!  I'm so proud of her and hope this is it!  It would be a great month of November if we get a baby and her a new job and it's our 9 year anniversary!  I'm hopeful....

4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! thanks for your recent comment on my blog, im enjoying getting caught up on yours! wishing you good luck this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you are super lucky you get knocked out. first time my retrieval i was half there, not fun. wish i could be knocked out... going on the 2nd ivf and im not looking forward to the half there part.

    good luck for your cycle!

    ReplyDelete