Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Double- on the rocks please!!

So my beta did double from 14 to 28 so that's good but again...really wished it would have squeaked a little higher to put a bigger smile on my face and let me breathe a little easier but...I will take this challenge and see how it goes.  My actual RE doctor called me with the results (weird) so I started to panic instantly....normally it's just a nurse.  I asked her if I should be preparing myself for bad news...and she said "absolutely not".  So again - good.  Then she said that they want me to come back in a WEEK.  A week???  not a few days?? OMG!  [insert sweating] So - a week it is.  I completely forgot to mention that I had some light, light, light pink and pale brown-ish spotting on Saturday (7dp5dt) night and into part of Sunday.  We knew spotting was common but I didn't think it would be that late for implantation.  But I asked the Doc about it and she said...it's just part of the process.  If it's red...and a lot...then be worried but for now...sounds normal.  She also said that I shouldn't be surprised if there is some more spotting over the next week - again don't panic just take it easy.  My progesterone level was normal (i'm doing endometrin supps) - thank goodness!  I did take two HPT that were leftover from my IUI days and Ovulation kits - both came back with a very, very, very, VERY light 2nd line.  Again - asked the Doc and she said that HPTs don't even register till your HCG is at least 25 and I am just now 28 so I shouldn't take that result as a sign.  So I'm thinking...buy a bulk bag of HPTs and pee like crazy over the next week and see what happens???  Hahaha!!  Ok maybe not bulk but pretty sure we will want to test a few times before then.  I'm not feeling the cannonballer approach this next week...I may have to walk slowly into the water. LOL!

So ladies - another week!  Ahhhhhh!!!! 

I have a few things this week and weekend to keep me busy but jeepers...a week is tough!  For starters...I'm a Twi-hard...so Breaking Dawn is on my list tomorrow night with early showing tickets with a friend.  yeah!

Thanks ya'll for your support and prayers!  Keep em coming...you helped me double!!

p.s. question I keep forgetting to ask....when I've seen the HCG level brackets and such it says LMP and days after conception...what day do IVFers consider the conception?  Is it the retrieval?  Is it the transfer?  Is it when sperm meets egg? So confusing!  My retrieval was 10/31 and my transfer was 11/5 - so where am I?

7 comments:

  1. I counted conception from the day the sperm met the egg: the day of the egg retrieval. But my doctor's office recalculated it to 5 days earlier, so who knows? But CONGRATS on the doubling! I have everything firmly crossed that in a week you have excellent news and don't have to worry any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, I would be peeing on those sticks too, so go right ahead! Oh and we would like a picture of them next to each other by day to compare them please :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for doubling! I don't know the official answer to your question, but in my post yesterday I retrieval day as my conception marker. I did it because my pregnancy test is 13 days after that and with my IUI's test was 13 days later.

    Fingers crossed for you. I'll join you in the waiting game tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm... That's a doubling time of 48 hours. That is AWESOME!!! My lowest doubling time ever, between both successful pregnancies, was 52-point-something, and it was with twins. You are completely, totally pregnant. Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear what next week brings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! But jeeze a week!!! I say pee away ;)And I can't wait for Breaking Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anything higher is better than lower! cant wait for the news next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for double! Its really that which is most important vs the number you start at. Hope you're surviving the one week wait. I'll be thinking of you come Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete