Friday, November 4, 2011

ET phone home...

We are officially ready for our transfer tomorrow...sooo excited!  We started with 10 follies which turned out to really only be 9 since they said 1 was just a mass.  So on Wed morning they said 8 were fertilized and were dividing nicely.  They had said there could be a chance of a day 6 transfer but thank goodness they stuck with day 5.  This morning we are at 7 embryos that are still dividing nicely.  They rate their embies on a 1,2,3 scale with 1 the best.  She said that most of my 7 are at the 2 level.  She said we could still end up with a one tomorrow but she said twos are wonderful.  She said they don't rate ones very often so I should be happy with their progress so far.  She said they wouldn't disturb them until tomorrow morning right before the transfer.  They will pick the two best for the fresh transfer and then if there are leftovers...in the freezer they go.  Spice and I have to be there at 8am for the 830 appt.  I have to take my valium (never been on it...) at 730 and drink 32 oz of water 45 minutes before the appointment and not go to the bathroom....this should be interesting.  I have "anxiety peeing" syndrome...or at least that's what I call it.  Whether it's going into a long meeting, training, airplane ride and definitely doctor appointments I panic and need to go pee a zillion times.  Of course I will do what I'm told...I'm a star student! ha!  I've already queued up my Netflix with a bunch of TV shows I've always wanted to watch so I can be lazy.  I took Monday off to just to be sure.  With all of the money going into this baby making...we want this to stick!

I had my acupuncture appt on Thurs afternoon...that was pretty cool.  She was wonderful to talk to and I felt completely comfortable.  I've never been big believer in any herbal, chinese type methods of healing and such so I went in with an open mind.  We chatted for about an hour about TTC and other issues I have such as lower back pain when sleeping, snoring [Spice goes crazy] and constant weight gain.  Obviously my first plan of attack is for the IVF cycle so she is going to focus on that and after a baby...then she will tackle some of the other stuff if I want to go back.  She put some pins on my feet, ankle, knee, hand, center of eyes and the top of my head.  I relaxed for 15 minutes and almost fell asleep...I felt good.  She then placed a few beads in my left ear to rub...I'm not so sure about those so when I go in after the transfer I will have her take those off.  So that's the plan after the transfer and then I will lay like broccoli for 3 days. 

Spice's dad is in town so he will be helping me on Saturday night after 3pm since she is working.  He's a sweet man so it will be cute to see if he fusses over me...LOL!  I made a goulash for dinner so Papa Spice only has to throw it in the oven.  I use to eat this a lot as a kid.  I'm pretty excited for it tomorrow.  I'm trying to surround myself by stuff that makes me happy.  My retrieval and transfer outfit consists of a pair of sweatpants that use to belong to my Dad (he passed away 6 yrs ago), bunny & heart socks from my mom, fave tshirt from a San Diego trip and my Spice girls' tennies.  How's that for positive energy?? Goofy...maybe but hey...I'm pulling out all stops!

Well going to google a few more things tonight and then get some rest before the big day! We are so excited!!!  My cup runneth over!

6 comments:

  1. so exciting. thinking about you at 8AM and hoping all is going wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! So funny, I laughed out loud when I read about your peeing disorder. When I'm nervous I have to pee a zillion times! I'm like a little puppy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Good luck tomorrow! Also, bring a camera! We didn't realize until the last minute that our RE doesn't take pics of the blasts, but they do put them up on a screen so we could see them--so glad we had the camera ready to take baby's first picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of luck! Can't wait to hear about the transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!!! Happy Transfer Day tomorrow - so exciting :) I took my good luck cat socks and wore them during the transfer and what do ya know? They WORKED! Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck today!! Thinking of you and sending hopes for strong, sticky embies!!

    ReplyDelete