Sunday, November 6, 2011

I will take two embryos...sunny side up please!

I'm into my 2nd day of horizontal rest...jeepers I thought this would be a cinch!  I'm going crazy already.  My father in law was hanging with me last night so we watched Zookeeper and Bad Teacher.  They were ok...not great by any means.  I love Kevin James from Zookeeper...just looking at him makes me laugh.  He's such a goof.  The rest of the night was random shows and some DVR stuff.  Today..I'm going to switch it up a little and do some computer stuff, start reading Water for Elephants and maybe a little Netflix streaming of TV shows...maybe old school like Ally McBeal, thirtysomething or some other classic. 

So to the good stuff.  We had our transfer yesterday.  We got there around 8 and they had us change into our little outfits...Spice looked so cute in her scrubs...I might have to buy her a pair...yow!  No worries Finch and Wren...we remembered our camera so we took a few goofball photos looking sexy with hair bonnets and no makeup on for me but it was so fun!  Then the visits started with a nurse to give details and restrictions for the next 48 hours then Mr. Doc came in with the embryo status and the two best were in "B" status which means they were excellent blastyocysts (see pic below).  The other 5 were still dividing but slowed down dramatically so he said to be honest...it's not looking like there will be any freeze babies.  (and I can confirm...during the first paragraph of this post I received the call..none made it)  But Mr. Doc said they are beautiful and look wonderful and I said I hope so...a little panicked.  So now it's official...this is truly our Hail Mary and if it doesn't work...it just wasn't meant to be.  BUT...I have such a good feeling for this and my Spice's career job to all happen this month.  We've had our ups and downs and fought hard to get where we are now and I feel like luck and chance are finally on our side. 

So I digress...before we left for the appointment I had to drink 32 oz of water and be done with that 45 mins before the appointment.  I had a 50 oz Smart Water and added some lemon to it and I guzzled my 32 oz pretty easily.  My anxiety peeing syndrome (to Heather's comment...like a puppy..ha!) did ok...I talked myself out of having to pee.  I also had the Valium in my system so maybe that helped too.  The whole transfer was over very quickly...they took pictures for us as the embies went in...doesn't look like much but it's still cool to think it's the very first pictures of a baby.  So cool!  Then they had me lay there for about 15 mins then I got to go potty and then back to laying down under a warm blanket and heat bubble thing for another 20 mins or so.  Odd "sign" was that we were released from the bed rest at 9:22 which is my birthday.  Spice and I were like OMG...how cool!  We see the 9:22 at very interesting times so it was pretty exciting to have another example. 

Next stop was suppose to be acupuncture but my gal didn't call us back.  I was so bummed!  So we ventured home and during that drive she had called and apologized.  Her phone was on silent and Saturdays are her sleep in days (she has 7 kids). She offered to come to the house...how cool is that?  So she arrived about an hour after we got home.  I found a "slow jams" kind of satellite channel and she did her magic and then she went upstairs and read a book while I relaxed for 20 minutes.  It was soothing.  I heard Whitney Houston "I will always love you" and Sade "By your side"...two excellent songs.  I haven't felt panicked so far so I believe that she has helped. 

So that's about it...for now.  And of course..now we wait.  Ladies...you know how I feel.  I will continue my blog reading and with this daily blog month thingy for Nov...I'm hoping to see much more to read.  Thank you to everyone who commented over the few posts with well wishes and stories.  They truly mean so much and make me smile!  So thank you!

Well...time to queue up the netflix and eat some pineapple!  Spice is doing AWESOME at taking care of me...she said I'm milking it a little when I asked for a straw...hahahahaha!!!  Enjoy your Sunday folks!!

p.s. for music lovers...I just purchased the new Florence + the Machine...so good!  "Shake it Out" is my fave at the moment especially with the line "It's hard to dance with the devil on your back...so shake him off".  Big fan!!!



7 comments:

  1. Yay! They look great! We didn't have any to freeze, either (kind of sad, since there had been 10 going strong up until the day of the transfer) but one of our two took, and that's what counts! I hope yours is (are!) settling in right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending you lots and lots of sticky baby dust!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, sorry I mixed up your days. Those are two beautiful blasts!! I have a great feeling about your cycle. Tuck in tightly little one(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! Glad you are doing well! PS -- I agree with Spice...A straw??? You're totally milkin it :)

    Eat that fertile pineapple baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! hope those little ones stick stick stick!! so wonderful spice is there to take such good care of you. you need all the rest and relaxation and spoiling you can get to provide a comfy home for those little embries. keeping my fingers crossed for you girls. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stick babies stick...sprinkling some sticky pixie dust :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super glue!!! good luck!

    and f+machine is awesome. shake it out is the best, its on repeat for me

    ReplyDelete