Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Heartbroken

So I'm writing this with a shake in my body and tears in my eyes.  The HCG only went to 233 from 28 in a week.  The doc said it should be in the 1000s by now.  I said but I started off so low - should it really be that high in a week and she said that at a bare minimum it should be at 240 so she is considering it a non-viable pregrancy and a miscarriage will be coming.  She can't say when.  I go back in a week and she said it could go up a little more or just stay flat and it will then start going down.  I can't believe this is it.  It's over.  THis was our absolute last chance and it's done.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so, so sorry to hear this terrible news. Lots of hugs to you and your wife. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't supposed to be like this. You were supposed to get good news. My heart breaks for you. But I can't let go of my hope completely, 233 is so close to 240, how can they KNOW this pregnancy isn't viable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't given up hope yet, you are very close to her viable number... I am going to be sending such strong vibes to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I just don't get it. That's a doubling time of under 55 hours. That's shorter than my successful singleton pregnancy (56-something) and not much longer than my twin pregnancy (52-something). The difference between 233 and 240 is nothing. How can she write you off at this point? Is there a next step other than waiting to miscarry? Can you get a second opinion? Not trying to make things more confusing for you, but this just doesn't seem to add up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with K, above...

    Still, I wish the news had been better and absolutely reassuring. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so sorry :( I agree with K - if your HCG is still at 233 that is a good sign and just because it didn't get to your doctor's minimum of 240, then WTF?!? I know the doctor probably doesn't want to give you false hope but I haven't given up hope that your doctor is in fact wrong and that you still have a viable pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep holding on! dont give up. try to keep positive. its not over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been quiet -- keeping you girls in our thoughts....

    ReplyDelete